Global Trade Operations Representative
Fidelity Fund Investments & Operations
Does thriving in a fast paced, multifaceted, and deadline driven organization seem intriguing ? This role will be a subject matter expert who wants an opportunity to coach others while driving success. Ideal candidates will have a background in investment operations. This may be the role for you! The Expertise We're Looking For
The Purpose of Your Role
- 3+ years of relevant financial operations industry experience, preferably in Trade / Custody Operations.
- 1+ years Foreign Exchange Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Progress toward advanced degrees or professional certifications a plus
Trade Operations provides trade support to Fidelity's domestic and international equity, high yield, foreign exchange, and fixed income/money market trading desks located in Boston, Merrimack, London, and Hong Kong. The group is responsible for trade operations to support FMR, FMTC, SAI, FIAM, FIL, FIJ and FIC fund families. Trade analysts work closely with the desk, broker-dealer community, and the custodian bank network to facilitate settlement in over 70 countries worldwide. In addition to the various external counterparts that the trade analysts deals with, there are also several internal groups that assist in the group's daily responsibilities, including Compliance, Treasurer's Office, Counterparty Risk, Legal, Fund Accounting, and other Custody groups. The Skills You Bring
The Value You Deliver
- Solid understanding of the custody operations business, industry practices and tools strongly preferred.
- Proven knowledge of the Foreign Exchange operational environment and market settlement practices strongly preferred.
- Ability to be organized, professional, and demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Interpersonal and communications skills.
- Prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously within a tight timeframe.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; with the capacity to work with others implementing solutions.
- Exposure to or basic understanding of Fund Accounting or Pricing preferred.
- Experience with Bloomberg, as well as OMGEO Alert, CTM, Finastra CMS.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- SQL or VBA knowledge a plus.
- Monitoring trade instruction and delivery to custodian banks
- Facilitating the accurate and timely delivery of critical business information to all interested parties
- Providing trade confirmation / affirmation and settlement support for Equity, Fixed Incomes and FX assets classes
- Bring failed trades to a resolution by communicating with Brokers and Custodian banks
- Communicating/advancing issues and take initiative to resolved problems
- Participating as a Subject Matter Expert on projects
- Assisting with development and review for departmental policies and procedures
- Collaborating within team environment to successfully manage daily work volumes and quality standards
- Identifying and resolving problems related to transactions or investment data in a timely fashion following established guidelines
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.