- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Dec 17
Location: Omaha, NE, USAJob Description We are looking for an energetic, self-starting, detail-oriented Technical Writer to update and improve user and developer documentation for products in our suite of Enterprise Risk Management software products. This position will be onsite, located in Omaha.
- Write and produce end-user, administrator, installation, and integration documentation for assigned products in a suite of complex financial analytical products
- Work closely with Product Management and Software Engineering staff to develop internal (used by our implementation engineers) and external (used by clients) documentation
- Create FAQs, technical white papers, and other miscellaneous support documents
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and images
- Work with Engineering to create meaningful system messages for the user interface
- Adhere to company's format and style standards
- Collaborate with members of cross-functional teams locally and in other time zones
Moody's Analytics is the world's leading provider of quantitative credit analysis tools to lenders, investors, and corporations. We help clients enhance the economic returns in their businesses. We create products and services based upon a sophisticated application of modern financial theory and statistical analysis. These tools transform vast amounts of financial data and knowledge into applied insight to manage credit. Specifically, our clients use our portfolio and valuation framework in their organizations for Economic Capital requirements, Risk Management and monitoring and reporting functions.
- 5+ years technical writing experience
- BA/BS in business/finance, a writing-related discipline, or a technical field
- Strong technical skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze documentation needs, manage, and complete projects with little direction
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle changing priorities in a fluid, fast-moving environment
Skills that are a PLUS
- Background in finance, insurance, banking, financial regulation, or analytics
- Understanding of software engineering processes
- Understanding of Agile development processes and scrums
- Experience with FrameMaker and Word
- Experience with online help systems
- Skill in creating graphics (Visio) and images (SnagIt)
- Experience and knowledge with HTML
- Experience with Perforce or other source control systems
- Experience using DITA
- Experience using Atlassian Confluence
- Experience using Acrolinx
- Experience writing API documentation
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.