Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative will contribute to the growth of our sales pipeline through lead generation and inside sales activities, and support a team of Sales Representatives that oversee the full suite of Moody's Analytics products, including software, data, research, analytical models, and associated services. This position is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and have immediate impact. The Moody's Analytics sales force has an inclusive, team-oriented sales culture that values both collaboration and results.
What does a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Moody's Analytics do?
- Lead cold calling campaigns on different subjects/products to identify new contacts and generate leads by pitching Moody's Analytics products
- Conduct research to develop target account intelligence, generating an understanding of customer needs and requirements that informs sales prospecting and marketing program strategies
- Qualify leads and direct to the appropriate sales professional for further development
- Interact with both internal teams and external prospects
- Drive sales growth by sourcing new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls and emails and inbound lead follow-up
- Design and deploy focused sales campaigns aimed at expanding Moody's presence and brand in specific market niches
- Utilize CRM software to track and measure all sales activity
- Keep the responsible sales representatives abreast of client activity
- Bachelors' degree in finance, economics or related area required
- 1-3 years' experience in a sales role is a bonus
- High energy, comfort on the phone and managing objections
- Clear written and verbal communication skills; questioning skills required
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions
- Diligence, attention to detail, multi-tasking and prioritization are keys to success in this role
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet short deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail
- Drive to exceed goals and motivated by achieving measurable results
- Positive, energetic, and relentless attitude for success
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.