- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Northstar Financial
- 03 Jan 18 2018-01-03
The Internal Wholesaler is responsible for serving as a strategic partner in developing and maximizing business relationships in an assigned territory for CLS Investments, LLC ("CLS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC ("NorthStar"). The Internal Wholesaler is responsible for increasing recruitment and sales activity in partnership with the external wholesaling team to increase the sale of CLS financial products throughout the given territory.
• Works closely with external wholesaler to develop and execute an appropriate business plan to maximize territorial sales, including assessing current state of assigned territory to identify opportunities for new business in order to maintain and further sales cycle
• Develops relationships with Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs), industry partners and contacts to generate new prospects and to help develop their business
• Makes proactive outbound calls to new potential representatives, critical contacts from other organizations including Field Specialists of top Broker/Dealers, to investigate potential sales and market CLS products and services
• Schedules quality appointments weekly for external wholesaler to meet with producing or potentially producing Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs)
• Receives incoming calls via sales queue and answers questions accurately and professionally regarding CLS offerings, sales, information, and prospects
• Follow-ups on Wholesaler appointments, conference leads and referrals of qualified representatives to uncover business opportunities and accelerate sales process
• Provides website tours to RIAs to market and promote company products and services
• Assists RIA in analyzing information regarding their client's financial information and history to recommend and determine appropriate investment strategies to meet their needs
• Serves as a product expert on CLS client-specific asset allocation portfolio solutions, keeping RIAs apprised of market and product changes, and enhancements
• Collaborates with marketing in planning regional Excelerate event logistics including venue selection, campaign setup, invitee selection, material distribution, etc.; attends event as needed
• Promotes company sponsored Partnership, Excelerate, and Advisory Panel meetings and invites good prospects to the meetings.
• Assists sales and marketing teams in developing an effective strategy, including key players and message delivered, to maximize time with clients during company sponsored seminars
• Creates presentations and participates in leading breakout or round table discussions regarding CLS strategies during representative visits and company sponsored meetings
• Completes and distributes weekly dashboards providing recap of territory sales as compared to goal and highlights of territory activities
• Maintains Wholesaler database of contacts and leads; updates information such as ID status regularly, manages hubs in territory, runs reports, and adds contacts and leads to database
• Communicates marketing fulfillment needs to Inside Sales Assistant
• Discusses and develops ideas with Marketing department regarding campaigns and new tools
• Maintains thorough understanding of all company products, including benefits and drawbacks, in order to advise representatives on choosing correct product to meet client needs
• Reads daily, weekly, and quarterly commentary produced by internal Portfolio Management team and participates in internal education such as answering the daily survey questions
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Daily contact with prospective and existing RIAs, industry partners and contacts regarding business development ideas, follow-up calls, conferences, road shows, etc.
• Frequent contact with external sales regarding day-to-day activities, scheduled meetings, etc.
• Regular contact with client service, business development, and new business teams to maintain RIA relationships
• Knowledge and understanding of different investment vehicles
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving, telephone and organizational skills
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to ensure high customer satisfaction
• Ability to conduct effective presentations and speak effectively before groups of customers
• Ability to recognize business opportunities and act upon them accordingly
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Finance or related field required
• Series 65 license (or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment if an external candidate) required
• Minimum of six months of customer service or inside sales experience required; 1 year of experience preferred
• Experience working within the Financial Services industry preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Travel is required less than 10% of the time.