- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Omaha, NE, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
The DevOps Engineer will be part of a project team that will participate in the design, development, testing, implementation, support and documentation related to automation, server/application configuration, build and deploy, and activities related to end to end solutions., build and deploy, and activities related to end to end solutions.
- Automation and processes required to deploy, manage, configure, scale, and monitor internal, product, and cloud-based applications.
- Implementation and management of build and deploy workflow processes related to product development.
- Management and support of infrastructure and development applications including continuous integration, source code management, and hosted applications.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure successful delivery and implementation of assigned tasks.
- Coordinate with corporate IT organization to identify, refine, and validate technology requirements especially in regards to build and deploy activities and cloud activities.
- Assist in training less experienced staff members.
- Comprehensive knowledge (2-4 Years' experience) in a majority of the following areas:
- Build and release process
- Linux/Windows Platforms
- Scripting (Perl, Ruby, Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Java application servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss, etc.)
- Continuous Integration applications (Jenkins, Hudson or Cruise)
- Build and deployment automation tools (Ant, Maven, Ivy, Nexus, Sonar, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Source code management tools (Perforce, Subversion, Git, VSS, etc.)
- Databases (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google) including limited operational experience in regards to automation, security, and management of cloud-based deployments
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated team player.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and, consultative skills, work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stay current on trends and development within functional area of experience along with the industry.
- Self-assured and confident with professional approach.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.