- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Omaha, NE, USA
This role is responsible for designing, creating and maintaining the company's engineered time series databases, including creating processes, procedures and methodologies used to estimate time series data for use by internal analysts, clients, and for in the company's econometric model.
- Design, create and maintain the company's high-value added engineered time series databases.
- Create processes, procedures and methodologies used to estimate time series data for use by internal analysts, clients, and for use in company's econometric models.
- Respond to client inquiries and requests.
- Participate in the planning, cost estimation, and pricing of future projects.
- Provide consulting services to clients, and assist internal and external clients in accessing and understanding estimated time series.
- Create and develop statistical algorithms to estimate series.
- Solve problems related to the management of these databases by utilizing independent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Responsible for documenting and describing decisions made regarding the methodologies that have been invented/utilized.
- Improve existing processes and procedures to increase productivity and quality of output.
- Expand existing data offering with additional indicators and new sources of data.
- Provide advice regarding the pricing of databases, and make decisions for acquisitions based on cost/benefit analysis.
- Provide support and act as Sales support and Marketing arm for areas of responsibility.
ERS Credit Assessment and Orig
- Undergraduate or advanced degree with course work in economics, finance, statistics, or related fields preferred.
- Strong proficiency in computer use.
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Programming languages such as Visual Basic.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and be able to accept responsibility for independently making decisions that have a significant and material impact on the success of the firm.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.