Senior Unified Communications Engineer
Description About this role
The Senior Unified Communications Engineer will be a specialist in leading-edge unified communication products and will assist in leading the team that is responsible for the design, development, delivery, and experience of Unified Communication System platforms. The individual will work collaboratively with the wider technology teams on forthcoming projects to ensure any proposed infrastructure delivers the best service and integrates with existing and future technology.
The role will be responsible for designing and developing new UCC solutions, improve the performance and scalability of existing systems, help define security standard methodologies and develop innovative, cutting edge tools for front office voice, video, contact center and trading systems. To do this, the individual will need to maintain awareness of the latest trends and developments in unified communications and collaboration as well as partner with other IT infrastructure teams within BlackRock. The role will also involve supplier management, so the individual will need to be able to establish productive partnership with technical companies and suppliers. Responsibilities include:
- Lead or contribute to the technical delivery of projects, including design, configuration and installation of technical solutions that meet business expectations
- Architect, design, deploy and maintain enterprise telecommunication and Unified Communications equipment
- Skilled in managing or leading a team and delivery of all responsibilities for that team consistently.
- Prepare detailed evaluations, requirements, and recommendations to technical and architecture designs for new UC technologies/services and their integration into the enterprise.
- Expertise in setting and handling client expectations, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of client trust and confidence
- Research, analyze, recommend and implement new software, hardware, tools, systems and processes to provide state-of-the-art collaboration experience.
- Build and maintain project-related documentation, ensuring that accurate information is always available to other colleagues
- Ensuring maximum availability, integrity and performance of the Unified Communications infrastructure.
- Responsible for being a technical escalation contact for users, more junior team members and other teams.
- Strong troubleshooting skills accompanying creating thinking to resolve complex and non-complex issues.
- Responsible for complying with approved policies and processes defined by unified communications and other groups.
- 8+ years of experience in designing, configuring, and implementing Cisco UC Collaboration Suite of products
- Preferred B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject area
- Demonstrated knowledge of and hands-on experience with of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco IM and Presence Service, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco Unified Attendant Console, Cisco Unified Border Element, Cisco Voice Routers and Cisco Expressway
- Knowledge of Voice Recording concepts and implementations
- Experienced in implementing and supporting audio/video conferencing end points, Cisco Jabber, Cisco 8000 series phones.
- Knowledge of audio and video conferencing backend systems, Cisco Meeting Server, Cisco WebEx Meetings and Cisco WebEx Teams.
- Knowledge of Contact Centre Cisco UCCE / WebEx Contact Centre
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams Audio Conferencing and Calling Features
- Knowledge of telecommunications protocols, communications and standards, H.323, MGCP, SIP and E.164.
- Good understanding of the design of global Voice over IP telecommunications infrastructure.
- Relevant Cisco Collaboration accreditation is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact directly with individuals that do not have an IT background.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.