- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 20 May 19
Windows Server / DevOps Support# 129530
In Credit Suisse we work in a challenging intellectual environment where one can learn from the best engineers and have the ability to propose and implement one's own ideas. We have our regular routine to do, but we are also can experiment, code and get gratification from making things better. Credit Suisse provides a great opportunity to learn not just about technology but also about business process and financial products.
- Execute releases of software into Dev/UAT, and Production environments.
- Periodic review of assets to identify opportunities for TCO reduction.
- Root cause analysis of server crash dumps with the server team and vendors (such as Microsoft) to determine appropriate course of action.
- Implementation of application specific projects (i.e. SQL Server upgrades, OS upgrades, site build out, capacity planning, etc.).
- Create and maintain infrastructure diagrams.
- Work with developers to satisfy infrastructure needs for production resiliency/high availability and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Create and maintain documentation with DR invocation procedures, as well as participate in DR drills/tests.
- Script/develop tools that automate and streamline day-to-day activities such as morning checkouts and environment scans.
- Package client side applications via WIX for workstation deployment.
- Server/application health monitoring using in-house utilities. This includes file systems and database disk space availability.
- Periodic review of NTFS and SQL Server permissions.
- Weekend remote support for application infrastructure checkout after Microsoft OS patches/server upgrades, general infrastructure maintenance, etc.
- Liaise with other groups to resolve server/application issues (i.e. Server Team, Networking Team, DBA's).
- File system data migrations.
- Day to day server maintenance.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Deep knowledge in Windows Operating Systems.
- General knowledge in MS Office suite.
- Flexibility to be on call for remote support (a few times a month).
What are the optional skills:
- General knowledge in networking.
- General knowledge in MS SQL.
- Programming experience (C#, VBScript…).
For more information visit Technology Careers .