VP, Legal Entity Controller - Raleigh # 103689
Legal Entity Accounting and Review (LEAR) is a global team with 160 staff responsible for the core accounting for the major legal entities within the Credit Suisse Group. The LEAR Americas team based in Raleigh is a 13 strong team responsible for the core income statement and balance sheet accounting, results analysis and results presentation for Credit Suisse's US Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) and its subsidiaries as well as Credit Suisse's New York Branch.
A VP level manager role is now available within the IHC team.
A meaningful role as Legal Entity Controller for some of Credit Suisse's US operating entities:
- You will directly lead a team of 4 who are responsible for core accounting for these entities, including monthly closing & analytical review of income statement and balance sheet, results analysis and results presentations to internal and external business partners
- You are responsible for compliance with GAAP, SEC and regulatory requirements
- You will oversee and maintain an effective control environment in the core accounting area
- Responsible for ensuring effective implementation of new business, new policy, new regulations in the core accounting area
- You will maintain relationships with CS management in New York and Zurich and other CS departments (e.g. Operations, Product Control), and liaison as necessary with external business partners (auditors, regulators and the SEC)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You are a qualified accountant with 8+ years of experience
- You have experience with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- You have experience in Investment Banking industry and good knowledge of IB products and broker dealer accounting
- You have effective social skills
- You have the ability to lead a small team and coach and develop junior staff
- You have a positive and high-energy approach