The position is for a Mid to Senior Application Support analyst to be a part of Electronic trading operations support team in Raleigh NC.
Will be primarily focused on maintaining expense management application suite which is the primary brokerage, clearing & exchange cost optimization function.
The role offers an excellent opportunity to experience the functioning of Electronic trading applications and gain exposure to business areas during the constant interaction with the business desks across the globe.
Coverage of the Market Access platforms including interactions such as:
- Daily interactions with the business
- On-site system troubleshooting
- Customer communication during incident or outages
- Co-ordination of key production releases and checkouts
Daily support and troubleshooting of application issues through tasks including:
- Actively watching/reacting to alerts from the platform’s monitoring systems
- Engaging with clients on reported issues through the hotlines, emails and phone
- Identifying inefficient support tasks and implementing alternative methods
- Working closely with key members of the Business and Development on performance analysis of various trading and pricing flows
Will be responsible for independently handling client/business expectation; address any queries and concerns raised by stakeholders with minimal help. The person is also required to guide the junior staff with handling the production environment.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in application support preferable in electronic trading space
- Basic technical understanding of Unix/Linux platform
- Basic database understanding of SQL (Sybase or Oracle)
- Basic understanding of FIX protocol
- Basic understanding of monitoring systems (Geneos ideally).
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to forge strong relationships with key stake holders across both the Business and IT orgs
- Basic understanding of trading
- Ability to identify repetitive tasks or failures and improve the process by reducing repetitive items.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate with both external and internal end users
- Basic knowledge of Splunk is a plus
- Basic knowledge of batch processing
- Familiarity of financial products (Equities, FX, Fixed Income, Listed Derivatives)
Contact: LenG@dtg-usa.com for more details and confidential consideration