- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Jun 19
Strategy and Architecture Lead for Server Hardware # 132028
Our Classic Compute team is looking for a Strategy and Architecture Lead for Server Hardware in Raleigh. The core responsibility will be to provide technical strategy and leadership for server hardware used by all of Credit Suisse's operating systems. This role is key to CS for setting the right direction and making the correct investment decisions. It involves significant customer and supplier (incl. EngOps) interaction to ensure that requirements are discussed and agreed and that product capabilities and improvements are delivered on time to meet demand. This is a technical management role well suited to a technical person wanting to take a step into management.
- Create a compelling 1-3 year product strategy for server hardware, using input from vendors, customers, suppliers and research analysts. Socialize with business partners and then drive the delivery of the strategy in conjunction with senior management and program management.
- Understand the total cost (TCO) of the server estate, creating proposals on how to lower TCO by implementing changes in products, purchasing methods, etc.
- Help customers understand the impact of their product decisions, helping them to pick solutions and designs with lowest impact to CS TCO and their own cost allocations.
- Build strong relationships with customers, peers and suppliers so that you become the 'go-to' person for questions about the server components.
- Help customers, suppliers and peers on technical matters related to the server components so that the implementation of the service is globally consistent, pragmatic and low cost.
- Understand the operational implications for the products, working with EngOps teams to ensure that their issues are understood and are reflected in the book of work. Run requirements management processes for major server projects, and involve in assessing and prioritizing all submitted requirements relating to these components. Ensure that requirements get prioritized and added to the book of work for delivery.
- Build strong relationships with the vendors and use this to influence their roadmap, raise issues and generally improve the interaction with CS.
- Maintain high quality documentation on SharePoint and Confluence about the server components
- You have shown technical leader in the compute/infrastructure/server hardware space with 5+ years senior technical experience.
- You have interest and enthusiasm in the key areas of server hardware and how these are demonstrated by the business.
- You have excellent client, peer and supplier focus, and an ability to build strong relationships with these partners.
- You have strong experience in vendor management in both sales and technical areas with evidence of ability to successfully raise and influence roadmaps.
- Experience in using inventory and financial data to build a business case for a decision.
- You have the ability to communicate with senior management.
- Ability to work dedicatedly and independently with minimum management oversight once up to speed.
For more information visit Technology Careers .