- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Jul 18
Senior SOX Compliance # 113606
The Americas SOX Compliance Manager will play a key role in ensuring the Company's compliance with the provisions of Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002. This position will get along with all levels of management across multiple functional areas. Responsibilities include but not limited to: defining SOX scope, coordinate and collaborate with business process owners facilitating documentation updates, evaluate control deficiencies in accordance with the framework for evaluating control exceptions and deficiencies for year-end evaluation, monitoring testing progress and delivering status reports to management and the SOX Steering Committee including Control Deficiencies, facilitate good working relationship and communication flow between management and the external auditors.
- Coordinate and lead all aspects of SOX Compliance efforts for the Americas, including handling the annual risk assessment, materiality determination, and account/disclosure scoping process
- Plan and execute SOX company-wide communications and develop training sessions, as deemed appropriate
- Provide subject matter expertise on the design and implementation of controls
- Coordinate/Monitor testing, provide control mentorship for remediation efforts and evaluate deficiencies
- Partner closely with controls/Ops Risk team members within the different business units/functional areas as well as KPMG our external auditors
- Work with process owners to ensure timely review and updates to process documentation and controls for new and/or existing processes including successful id
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting and/or Finance. Graduate degree and CPA designation is a plus
- Minimum of 7 years of financial statement audit (or equivalent) experience with a strong background in internal controls. Big 4 and financial services industry experience preferred
- Experience with SOX compliance and knowledge of legal, regulatory and industry requirement
- Ability to converse with management at all levels regarding internal controls, infrastructure, compliance & risk management, and accounting?
- Familiarity with COSO 2013 is a plus
- Ability in leading and developing team members
- Advanced written and oral interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Experience in Banking Industry a plus