Senior Front End Developer
Wanted: A highly competent front-end application architect to help define how global businesses interact with the financial markets.
IHS Markit is looking for a senior developer to create common front-end solutions and platforms for our entire organization. These front end platforms include common web components, graphing libraries, styling components, and frameworks to unify all of our products into a consistent user experience. You will work directly with our senior product and tech leaders on a daily basis to help craft these new experiences. This fantastic opportunity will allow you to impact how global businesses interact with the financial markets on a day to day basis. Our team is a unique mix of industry experts and world class developers working together to transform the way our customers do business.
At IHS Markit , we practice agile methodologies, including continuous integration, continuous deployment, and code reviews. We use modern development services and tools such as GitLab, TeamCity, AWS, Serverless, DataDog , Artifactory, Confluence, and Jira. As a senior member of the engineering team you will be responsible for architecting and building new applications for our customers from the ground up. Our technology stack is continually evolving, but we have strong commitments to front-end technologies like Angular, Sass, and D3. You should be competent with these technologies but also continue to help drive us towards the latest and greatest new technologies in the web development ecosystem.
This is an exciting opportunity to become a critical part of a fast growing, global organization. What you'll work on:
- Design, develop, test, and implement data-rich, single page web applications
- Assist the Product Management group in creating specifications for technical requirements
- Collaborate with senior product owners to develop new features and applications
- Provide level 2 & 3 support for your applications and platforms, working closely with product and account management teams
- 4+ Years in building large scale front-end applications (Angular, React, Ember, or similar)
- Solid experience with Angular and single page application development
- Ability to effectively communication both verbal and written
- Ability to work in team oriented environment, and also have the ability to work independently
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment is preferred
- Built large single page apps using Angular 6+
- Competent writing unit and feature tests using Jest and Cypress
- CSS 3 - including flex-box and animation
- HTML 5
- Source control and code reviews using Git/GitLab
- Using JSON REST APIs in browser applications
- Using websocket subscription/publishing for real-time features
- Bonus: experience using GraphQL , RxJs , and D3
- Bonus: experience with deployment to AWS and/or Serverless architectures
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.