Senior Front End Developer
Risk and Finance Workflow and Productivity tools team is an award-winning team producing and integrating software to enable business to automate tasks, reduce costs and collaborate more efficiently.
- This is a global team spread across New York, Raleigh, London, Wroclaw and India, falling under the broader reporting horizontal department (400 member organization) serving Risk and Finance business areas.
- It's a much diversified team with members coming from different background with rich talent.
- Current workflow team size is 30 members
This role is for Senior Software Engineer to join the team and further build the strategic workflow platform for broad adoption by several new business areas within Risk and Finance IT. Opportunities:
- Opportunities to work with the latest tool chains and industry standard methodologies using GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Work as full stack development engineer
- Experience with leading commercial and open source Workflow Engine
- Exposure to new technologies in the bank: RFIT Workflow team is recognized as one of the leaders in innovation within Credit Suisse.
- Opportunities for self-improvement with various training programs within the bank.
- Experience in a global enterprise with a leading IT infrastructure.
- You are encouraged to take ownership of your components; provide solutions, innovations and improvements while also being accountable for your decisions.
- Understand the full tool chain from development to deployment for your components
- Collaboration with other teams is essential as the workflow platform integrates many components across the bank.
- Keep in mind the requirement of the bank / clients when proposing new solutions and look to reuse existing components where possible, without reinventing them. The goal is to deliver the most robust software with the lowest cost and delivery times possible.
- You must be open to new challenges and to move out of your comfort zone.
- Deliver robust, tested, software with appropriate documentation in an efficient manner.
- Front to back development of single page HTML5/Angular/React/Typescript web applications communicating with REST backend services
- Coordinate with the UX team to implement wireframes mockups into the application utilizing the UX practices and guidelines
- Contribution to problem and root cause analysis, application support and fixing software defects.
- Team collaboration, participating in code and design reviews, documenting implemented solutions
- 8+ years of software development experience including 3+ years of Web Application Development experience focusing in the UI/UX
- Demonstrable experience in implementing single page web applications from scratch with Angular/AngularJS/React and TypeScript
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML, CSS3, responsive design
- Ambitious at writing "clean code", keeping things simple, organized and testable
- Good understanding of application development lifecycle practices and collaboration tools including GIT, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with a global company, working with various teams from different cultural backgrounds
- Any server-side language experience (Java, PHP, Node etc), DB, APIs
- Previous experience with Credit Suisse or other banks
- Cloud native development with Docker and Openshift
- Experience with BPM systems e.g. Oracle BPM, Camunda is a plus!