- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 24 May 19
Senior Financial Analyst # 129027
Product Controllers are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities.
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely Profit & Loss, Balance Sheets and analysis
- Validating of the value of our trading portfolios
- You will be working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner
- Provisioning of reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external partners and other relevant internal constituents
You would be responsible for the analysis and advisory aspects of Product Control's primary role which is the financial guardianship of the Bank's sales and trading activities, advising and independently challenging key partners on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financial statements, including daily P&L and balance sheet movements.
This role supports the Equities division.
Products traded include: Equities, American Depository Receipts, Warrants, Futures, Swaps and Options.
- Monthly and quarterly account ownership reconciliation, book management, legal entity and regulatory reporting and accounting policy implementation
- Profit & Loss Validation and Analysis (including clean P&L), Journal Entry and Review
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory)
- You will engage & analyze alongside trading desk, trade support, technology, financial control and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily Profit & Loss reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Product Controllers should be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. You should also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to engage in relationships with key clients to understand and address their issues.
Each of the following qualifications/skills and experience are preferred, but not required:
- You would ideally have 3 - 5 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience
- You should be proficient with various PC skills including Excel (essential), Peoplesoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data
- You excel at communicating, and are able to articulate issues clearly and succinctly to senior management
- You having a control or audit background is advantageous
- Ability to analyze data and solve problems related to data
- Ideally you will be flexible, diligent, organized and a great teammate