- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 26 Jun 19
Senior Financial Analyst - Prime Services # 133740
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. We fulfill this role through: Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis. The independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios. Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. The provision of reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external partners and other relevant internal constituents. The drive to improve or change our daily processes using new and creative solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This role supports the Prime Services desk. Products traded include: Equities, Exchange Traded Funds & Notes, Listed & OTC Equity Options, Equity Index Futures, Variance Swaps and Interest Rate Swaps. The Product Controller will work closely with other product control groups, trade support, Front Office, technology, financial control and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily P&L reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Supervisory role responsible for team consisting of mid-level and junior controllers
- P&L Validation and Analysis (including Hypothetical P&L )
- Commentary reporting to senior management and include: P&L and balance sheet movements, business analysis against external market factors, risk based P&L movements
- Monthly and quarterly account ownership reconciliation, book management, legal entity and regulatory reporting and accounting policy implementation
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory)
- Owner of Sarbanes Oxley testing and documentation for your group
- Daily interaction and primary support for front office ad hoc requests
- Providing UAT support for various strategic system roll outs, as well as support for new business initiatives
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience:
Product Controllers should be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They must also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to build relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You have 8+ years of financial service, banking or accounting experience
- You have 3+ years of management/supervisory experience
- Theoretical or practical experience with derivatives a plus
- You have PC skills including Excel, Access, Peoplesoft Financials, DART, R-Studioand Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data Team player, dedicated, self-starter, who can be dynamic and implement process changes