Senior Controller - IB Controls
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Global Markets Controls is looking for an AVP-VP candidate to support both Front Office and Middle Office teams in the Investment Banking Division. As a Controls function, we ensure that appropriate levels of supervisory oversight are maintained across the division. The Controls team is responsible for managing Operational Risk through analysis, control testing, and reporting & governance forums. The team is tasked with resolving hot topic issues which prevent or slow business. Through various operation improvement techniques, we measure and analyze current processes and engineer changes when gaps exist to ensure adequate controls. The successful candidate is an independent problem solver with strong analytical skills, who will collaborate within a team to achieve the broader goals and objectives.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on projects spanning many different groups within the Investment Banking division. You will be expected to regularly interact with partners in various Business, Risk, Technology, Compliance and Audit functions. This role is fast paced with a constantly evolving scope, which includes reactive tasks to control incidents, and proactive work to improve the control environment.
- Perform Tyre kick testing and quality assurance reviews across a series of regulatory reports. Research and review findings with the relevant Technology and Compliance teams.
- Perform business analysis activities supporting the regulatory reporting framework including analyzing trade flows, security and transaction data updates, and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Review existing reporting, including reconciliations on regulatory reporting. Research errors and findings with relevant Front Office, Compliance and Technology teams.
- Evaluate the design and performance of existing controls, identifying potential risks through control gaps.
- Manage control testing and front-to-back quality assurance reviews to measure control efficiency in BAU processes. Drive remediation actions and partner with process owners to implement changes.
- Collect raw data from various sources, perform data mining, and develop metrics, to solve business problems and identify trends leading to control breaks.
- Define new control reports where necessary to help maintain control over regulatory requirements, and compliance with current firm policies and processes.
- Monitor controls and open action points (Compliance, Internal Audit, Regulatory Reporting, RCSA, Incidents), to ensure all existing issues are addressed within appropriate timeframes.
- Ensure timely facilitation of month-end and year-end completeness of Investment Banking compliance to section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX); including Beginning of Year and End of Year processes.
- Provide assistance to control and process owners in Global Markets for CCAR and IHC testing and documentation.
- Review existing control inventories and ensuring they are up to the standards set in the Control Activities Framework.
- Assist internal clients as required, including formal and informal training.
- Opportunity for managing people
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- 7+ years of experience in Financial Services, preferably with 2+ years in Risk organization (Audit, Compliance, SOX, Operational Risk, Controls). Knowledge of securities markets preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma certification and/or operation improvement knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of the operation and/or control environment at Credit Suisse is a plus!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g: pivot tables, VLOOKUP), PowerPoint, Visio, Word, and SharePoint skills.
- Proficient in financial/strategic analysis. Ability to conduct complex analysis under timelines.
- Hardworking, result oriented with capability to work on multiple small- and mid-size projects simultaneously
- Highly motivated and willing to work in both team and independent situations.
- Has the flexibility to take things on not wholly within the written scope of the function, and can handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Build positive relationships with senior internal clients and global partners.
- Clearly communicate status to manager and is transparent in raising risks/issues.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.