Senior Application Support Engineer
Loan Settlement, forming the industry standard web-based loan trade processing platform dedicated to efficiently settling primary and secondary par and distressed loan trades in both the US and European markets. The loan settlement platform simplifies trade settlement by providing an integrated, collaborative, real-time platform for buyers, sellers, counsel and agent banks to capture, acknowledge, and settle primary and secondary market loan trades. It is designed to improve liquidity and efficiency in the par and distressed loan markets, facilitate trading and provide real-time reporting based on the status of open and historical trades. What you'll work on:
Loans Settlement is seeking a Support Engineer to join the Application Support Team. The role encompasses technical support for our portfolio of loan settlement applications. The person will work with an experienced global team to contribute to the quality and reliability of our support team. What we look for:
- Provide first and second line application and messaging support for internal and external clients.
- Work on initiatives around proactive application health monitoring and reporting
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, able to facilitate liaisons between not only own team members, but also product, development and infrastructure teams
- T he successful candidate will need to able to apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge, together with investigative techniques and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner
- University graduate or equivalent - must have a strong desire to work in Technology
- Must have experience in application support, troubleshooting, client on-boarding and installation
- Must have hands-on data analysis/modification experience using SQL
- Experience of XML and messaging platforms (i.e. WebServices, IBM MQ) preferred
- Fundamental understanding of networking principles and its practical uses
- Strong analytical, investigative, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter willing to pick up issues and making sure they are followed through to completion.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.