Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Legal Entity Accounting and Review (LEAR) is a team with 160 staff responsible for the core accounting for the major legal entities within the Credit Suisse Group. The LEAR Americas team based in Raleigh is a strong team responsible for the core income statement and balance sheet accounting, results analysis and results presentation for Credit Suisse's US Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) and its subsidiaries as well as Credit Suisse's New York and Cayman Branch.
Team is also responsible for supporting delivery of firm side strategic projects, change initiatives and innovation ideas.
AVP level role is now available within the Americas Strategic Projects team.
- Use core accounting skills to improve the process of monthly closing of books & records, posting of recurring journal entries, analytical review of income statement and balance sheet
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC and regulatory reporting requirements
- Coordinate and manage an effective control environment in the core accounting area including SOX and IHC controls on business processes
- Manage effective implementation of strategic change initiatives, new business, new policy, new regulations and system implementations
- Build positive relationships with CS management in New York, Zurich and other CS departments (e.g. Finance Change, Operations, Product Control, Global Markets, etc.), and liaison as necessary with external business partners (auditors, regulators e.g. SEC, FRB)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- You are a qualified accountant with minimum 4 years of experience
- CPA or Masters in Accounting is preferred
- Possess experience with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Experience in Investment Banking industry and good knowledge of IB products and broker dealer, mortgage business, alternative investments, securitization accounting
- Prior experience of working on strategic change projects, innovation tools like R-programming, Python is preferred
- Hardworking with ability to learn, positive and high-energy approach to be an excellent teammate
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and problem solving skills
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.