Risk & Controls Specialist
The Risk division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of decision-making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from enterprise risk management to risk and finance reporting and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
NFRM Global Practices supports a data driven risk focused set of control improvement activities to help identify, assess and identify improvements against our most significant existing or emerging bank-wide thematic risks. Within NFRM, CRO Risk and Control leads and coordinate all related CRO Functional Risk and Control (FRCO) responsibilities as well as performance of the requisite RDAR independent validation.
The role is within the NFRM -Global Practices CRO Risk and Control team, with a core focus on RDAR Independent Validation (mandated under BCBS239).
Key areas to include:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of RDAR Compliance and RDAR Independent Validation (IV)
- Perform independent validation tests and reviews (assurance activity)
- Prepare detailed standardized, concise, and objective reports of review/assurance findings based on applicable standards/requirements.
- You will contribute to the ongoing oversight and management of operational risk within CRO including (supporting RCSA annual cycle, assess and monitor control matters / action points / issues / incidents)
- Contributes to the planning, scoping and execution of the independent validation engagements, providing subject matter knowledge and skills in a timely manner.
- Identifies and assesses key risks and controls and develops effective test plans for engagements
- For both annual and ongoing continuous monitoring of RDAR compliance, identify gaps, propose remediation and supply the validation report for the benefit of the Chief Risk Officer.
- Closely track, monitor and validate proper closure and sustainability of control improvement activities
- Assist Head of Independent Validation in developing annual risk assessment plan, scoping, execution and other related activities in successful completion of RDAR Independent Validation mandate in a timely manner
- Partners with other team members in performing risk assessment, identifying key risks, analyzing and documenting processes, developing effective test plans and determining final scope of engagements.
- Ability to analyze factual data, excellent problem solving skills, and the capacity to organize and present thoughts in a logical manner
- Exhibits appropriate judgment regarding issue notification, prepares draft findings to line of business management, and drafts final validation reports. Develops power point presentations which clearly and concisely communicate key messages
- Collaborates with Group and Divisional Control Officers to measure, assess and report the level of compliance of CS, its legal entities and divisions with BCBS 239 regulations;
- Develops and applies effective project management skills regarding engagement notification, task assignment and monitoring, and project pacing and control.
- Provides ongoing communications with business partners while maintaining a balance between independence and partnership.
- Understand the Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA), key risk and performance indicators and identify potential control gaps
- Understands and develops interpretive guidance as it relates to RDAR Compliance
- Manages and optimizes the use of SharePoint sites for content management
- Demonstrates professional skepticism.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Public accounting, risk consulting or audit experience at a financial institution, accounting firm or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher (in accounting, finance, or business administration)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and processes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Proven problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy