Research Calling Analyst
What's in it for you:
IHS Markit is looking for a Research Analyst to join the North American Calling Team within our Research Department. You will work on-site within in our Raleigh, NC office, and will be joining a team that maintains the industry's most comprehensive and well-respected source of data & intelligence on Capital Markets institutions and professionals. This position will give you first-hand exposure to the global capital markets industry, with a focus on North American investors. You will work on the collection of comprehensive and accurate information for our global roster of corporate and capital markets clients. You will develop and maintain relationships with equity and fixed income buy-side investors that include hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds, etc. This role is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a business line with a global presence and client base that is a leader in its space. You will gain a variety of business skills, exposure to various aspects of the capital markets, as well as competency in research & analysis. This is an exciting opportunity for a hardworking, individual to be part of an industry leading, global organization at what is arguably the most exciting time in the evolution of our company.
What you'll work on:
• Conduct telephonic research on buy-side institutions and professionals
• Establish and maintain relationships with investment professionals
• Update and maintain a universe of buy-side institutions and professionals
• Analyze and interpret data on institutional investors to formulate descriptions of investment strategies that will be included in buy-side company profiles
• Handle client inquiries regarding IHS Markit's industry-leading information
• Collaborate and work closely with colleagues across IHS Markit's global offices
• Work within a framework that follows Agile principles
What we look for:
• Excellent communication and persuasion skills, specifically over the telephone
• Previous phone experience required • BA/BS degree is highly preferred
• Knowledge of and a genuine interest in the global capital markets industry
• Strong critical thinking, analytical skills and attention to detail
• Work hours align with stock market operation hours
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to multi-task and excel in a dynamic environment
• A strong sense of ownership over the work you produce, and an unwavering need to do your absolute best on every tasks
• Excellent experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of tools: MSExcel, MSWord, and Outlook
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.