Dividend Forecasting IHS Markit provides announcements and forecasts for dividend amounts and dates for more than 8,000 stocks globally. Forecasts are up to four years in the future, subject to availability.
Dividend forecasts are a key input used to price options and futures. Our main customers include investment banks, hedge funds, risk managers and derivatives exchanges.
Dividend forecasts are created using a bottom-up, research led methodology to provide the highest level of accuracy. They are based a range of factors including recent market news, direct company guidance, fundamental analysis, historical observations and peer group trends.
The successful candidate will work as part of the US dividend research team. Members are responsible for providing dividend forecasts for a portfolio of stocks, through in-depth research and financial analysis of company fundamentals. Analysts are also responsible for providing ad-hoc customer-driven research, thematic reports, and customer support. Duties & accountabilities
Education & experience
- Analysis of company fundamentals to provide dividend forecasts for North American stocks
- Provision of research on equity fundamentals, financial statements and market announcements
- Generation of dividend research papers at a sector, country and regional level
- Monitor news flow to assess the impact of market events on companies and their dividends
- Forecast dividend payment schedules
- A keen awareness of the impact dividends forecasts have on the value of equity derivatives
- Respond to daily client demands with bespoke analysis
- Building relationships with investor relations departments at companies within coverage
- Preferred 1-2yr managerial experience
- Candidates will be degree educated
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Prior experience with SQL or VBA preferable
- CFA or equivalent post-graduate study desirable
- Experience working with Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) desirable
- Commercial awareness
- Keen interest in financial news, market events and their implications
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of equity derivatives
- Management requirements
- Able to organize and self-manage, including effective scheduling, prioritization and time management skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks in parallel, completing tasks to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, remaining calm in demanding circumstances
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Confident speaking directly with both customers and investor relations departments
- First class report writing skills, ability to develop and present ideas
- A willingness to contribute to the continued development of the team
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve group goals and objectives
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.