- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Nov 18
Reporting & Analytics - Big Data Engineer - Raleigh # 120980
Credit Suisse is seeking a Data Engineer in the Enterprise Services -
SMO - Enterprise Services are responsible for providing innovative ways through maintaining knowledge of industry best practice, technology trends and product availability. Developing business and technical requirements through consultation with key client business partners and ensuring alignment to corporate standards for risk and security compliance.
The Analytics & Reporting team works as part of a globally distributed team that will be the primary provider of IT Operational Reports to the firm. At any given time you will partner with team members across all regions and time zones while reporting to a line manager in New York. You will partner with key clients to develop dashboards that will drive business decisions across the firm.
- Design / Maintain / Support Bigdata environment, including ETL.
- Work directly with key stakeholders to understand data requirements and deliver on timely manner.
- Analyze large data sets.
- Design very complex SQL statements, including Impala.
- Scripting automation solutions for Data and Reports.
- Adhere with Agile methodology and follow the process to maintain / support and to document the details.
- Ability to easily communicate complex problem solving ideas to senior management and peers.
- Identify opportunities on automation for any manual process.
In this function, you will be designing and implementing data solutions via Bigdata and python. You will also create automation scripts to help minimize manual involvement when creating reports or dashboards. You will also help migrate existing complex SQL tables into Bigdata, and support reporting team to integrate the migrated tables in Tableau.
You should also be well versed with data design and have ETL process experience.
- Proven experience with Data Engineering.
- Good knowledge in Bigdata impala / Hadoop.
- Skills in Python for creating functions using Pyspark and other packages related to Python.
- Hands on experience in JIRA and SERVICE-NOW.
- Possess a very deep understanding of Agile Scrum.
- Database architect for bigdata environment on how the ETL process works will be an advantage.
- Good communication skills as you will be involved in the interaction with clients to understand or present the requirements.
- Supporting as a key member for business process improvement efforts, including projects to improve automation, quality, and efficiency.
- Identify and document issues, gaps, and concerns of the users.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You hold a degree or higher education in Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 3 to 4 years of experience building Bigdata environment.
- Data Science principles and applied knowledge with R Python and Spark.
- Experience building ETL solutions.
- ITIL certification and familiarity with IT Systems Architecture a plus, also operations or application support experience a plus.
- You are familiar with Financial Institutions.
- You have strong problem solving skills.
- Experience in Service Now ITIL process would be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Infrastructure components such as servers, databases, storage, networks.
- High degree of flexibility with a "can do" attitude, able to work effectively with limited level of instruction and supervision.
For more information visit Technology Careers