- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Mar 19
Reporting & Analytics - Big Data Developer# 125072
Credit Suisse is seeking a Data Engineer in the Enterprise Services -
SMO - Enterprise Services are responsible for providing innovative ways through maintaining knowledge of industry standard methodology, technology trends and product availability. Developing business and technical requirements through consultation with key client business partners and ensuring consistency to corporate standards for risk and security compliance.
The Analytics & Reporting team works as part of a globally distributed team that will be the primary provider of IT Operational Reports to the firm. At any given time you will partner with team members across all regions and time zones while reporting to a line manager in New York. You will collaborate with key clients to develop dashboards that will drive business decisions across the firm.
- Design/Maintain/Support Bigdata environment, including ETL.
- Work directly with key business partners to understand data requirements and deliver on timely manner.
- Analyze large data sets.
- Design very complex SQL statements, including Impala.
- Scripting automation solutions for Data and Reports.
- Adhere with Agile methodology and follow the process to maintain/ support and to document the details.
- Ability to easily communicate complex problem solving ideas to senior management and peers
- Find opportunities on automation for any manual process.
You should also be well versed with data design and have ETL process experience.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have a degree or higher education in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- You have at least 3 to 4 years of experience building Bigdata environment
- You have demonstrable experience with Data Engineering
- You have deep knowledge in Bigdata impala/Hadoop
- You have skills in Python for building functions using Pyspark and other packages related to Python
- Database architect for bigdata environment on how the ETL process works will be an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills as you will be involved in the interaction with clients to understand or present the requirements
- Experience in Service Now ITIL process would be an added advantage
For more information visit Technology Careers .