Regulatory Risk - Advisory Analyst #107459
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfill our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-directed individual to lead the Regulatory Risk Compliance function as part of the newly established US Regulatory Risk Management (US RRM) team. This individual will be joining the central team of in-house expertise within the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) organization to manage and mitigate areas of regulatory risk, ensure compliance while supporting business objectives. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining a regulatory compliance framework for the CRO organization, and reporting to sr. management.
- Maintain up to date repository of US regulatory rules applicable to CRO and map to respective risk owners
- Generate practical perspectives on the applicability of rules and regulations across risk functions and translate them into guidelines and operational requirements
- Create standards of risk materiality (e.g., definition of material regulatory risk)
- Provide ongoing educational briefings of material regulations and rules to risk owners
- Implement risk-based self-assessment testing of rules and remedial actions
- Risk assessment, prioritization and confirmation of identified remedial actions with respective owners
- Develop procedure manual of the self-assessment process for the US RRM
- Produce weekly/monthly/quarterly/semi-annual/annual reporting on compliance/self-assessment for management
- Draft letters with results/status of self-assessments to regulators upon request, including gap, remediation plan, etc.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- 5-10 years of relevant Regulatory Reporting or Policy/Compliance/Consulting/Audit experience, or equivalent;
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; JD, MBA or CPA, CFA or FRM qualifications preferred;
- Experience with US or Basel regulatory capital rules, leverage, liquidity, model risk and model validations (SR 11-7) required;
- Understand banking/financial products and risk processes
- Ability to work independently and interact with all levels of management in a professional manner;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office and familiarity with SharePoint;
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.