Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
This is an opportunity to work within the Credit Suisse Investment Banking COO as a member of the US Regulatory Services team.
The Regulatory Services team provides regulatory intelligence, solutions, and services to the Bank globally. The team serves as front office regulatory subject matter specialists and advisors to business partners, as well as responsible for crafting and delivering front-to-back solutions to address new regulatory requirements across the Bank. Responsibilities will be passionate about regulation impacting global trading activities. Key Responsibilities:
- Support regulatory activities across front and back office business partners by performing data analysis and control management for key US regulatory reports.
- Assist Regulatory Services leadership in making proposals or recommendations that increase effectiveness and/or efficiency of global regulatory obligations.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Undergraduate degree; degrees in Finance or Business Management is preferred.
- Equivalent experience of at least 2-5 years in regulations (banking, financial services, etc) is a plus!
- Equivalent experience in project management is preferred!
- Strong analytical skills
- Understand data flows, business processes, financial products and risk management
- Issue tracking and resolution
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Excellent client relationship and organizational skills
- Strong communication (both written and verbal)and presentation skills required
- A dynamic teammate who is hard working and accepts challenges.
- Consultative, cooporative, and has the ability to influence without authority and gain agreement
- Driven; a quick study with internal drive - a self-starter that requires minimal direction
- Works well independently
- Decisive and focused - understands what needs to be done and moves quickly to that end; communicates with diplomacy
- Strategic; gets the bigger picture - can communicate a vision and deliver on it
- Crisp, professional, and articulate
- Gives sense of immediate trust and credibility - uncompromising integrity
- Effective time management with ability to work under pressure and meet defined timelines
- Excellent Analytical skills - Investigate issues with attention to details and accuracy
- Business partner management skills
- Skillset agility - intellectually curious and motivated to learn new capabilities based on the needs of the group)
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.