Product Control Chief Operating Officer and Strategy Analyst # 106869
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. We fulfill this role through: ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheet and analysis; independently validating of the value of our trading portfolios; working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner; and providing reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external stakeholders and other relevant internal constituents.
Chief Operating Officers partner with business managers to define the organization's vision, goals and values, and support moving the organization towards the envisioned future state with focus and alignment.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Design, develop, analyze and produce metrics used by senior product control management to monitor progress against key objectives and strategies
- Provision of financial analyses to facilitate decision-making
- Development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures to lead activities such as staff recruitment, training, travel and expense processing
- Communication and event management activities ranging from planning and executing department specific events such as town halls and departmental onsite, to developing and supporting broad communication programs and departmental websites
- Help deliver the human capital agenda focusing on employee engagement and talent management to provide tools to attract, develop and retain talent
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
COO strategists develop a deep understanding of the business divisions they support and have the ability to influence and engage colleagues across the organization. You should also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills in order to build relationships with key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills and experience:
- 1-4 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience
- High level of numeracy and literacy and well-developed analytical skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills required
- Business Objects and Essbase experience strongly preferred
- Ability to interpret financial data and identify core themes and trends
- Inquisitiveness and a willingness to challenge and ask questions
- You should posses excellent communication skills, especially the use of written prose and graphical analysis
- Understanding of when to raise for management attention
- Ability to work to tight deadlines daily
- Proficiency with the presentation and manipulation of data
- Experience with financial systems and reporting packages / General Ledger queries
- Ability to apply key controls to reporting and processes
- Ability to interact with and support clients for all aspects of MI (budgeting, planning, monthly reporting, forecasting, allocations, etc.)
- Process modeling of "how-to" scenarios to help measure and implement efficient processes, improve reporting capabilities, and increased quality in a measured and controlled environment
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory)
- You will be a self-starter. You will also work well within a team and able to be dynamic and implement process changes