Operational Risk Controller SOX
The main objective of the CFO Operational Risk and Control (ORC) & Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) 404 Compliance team is to identify; measure and manage the operational risks within CFO functions through key CS Group level programs such as Global SOX 404, General Ledger Account Ownership (GLAO) and Regulatory reporting Programs. Team is responsible for monitoring CFO related control issues and ensuring that a control culture is embedded within CFO function. In order to ensure the control environment is operating effectively, the team is also responsible for carrying out planned and ad-hoc Quality Assurance Reviews (QARs) across Group Finance and certain support departments.
Main Duties/Responsibilities of the Role:
The role is in the SOX program management of the CS group, as a key team member in all the phases of the SOX cycle.
The role covers the region Americas area of the SOX program. It involves performing SOS processes for the Americas region, as well as leading deployed processes in Pune. It involves very high level of multi-tasking.
Assist Americas SOX leader in various program related activities like:
- Drive regional scoping & mapping of the controls.
- Perform SAB99, Incidents and audit report reviews regarding SOX relevancy.
- Support line with technical system guidance and overall SOX approach guidance.
- Oversee timely DET & OET completion.
- Support line in SOX issue documentation and regular updates, track regional issues.
- Oversee timely end of year sign-offs of processes and controls.
- Review End of Year sign-off metrics, produce sign-off presentation and lead electronic sign-off.
- Oversee metrics and quality report reviews.
- Prepare or provide inputs for various management reporting e.g. Steering Committee etc.
- Perform system UAT testing.
- Projects and Ad-hoc requirements.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
Required Work Experience/Background:
- You are CPA or Chartered Accountant.
- You have 7-9 years of relevant experience.
- You have deep knowledge & experience of SOX requirements/Accounting/Audit experience.
- You have exposure to Financial services industry.
- You have strong analytical and communication skills.
- You are proficient in Microsoft applications.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- You have the ability to learn and apply learning quickly.
- You have excellent team player/team leading skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Time management - organizing and prioritizing work.
- You have the ability to meet strict reporting deadlines.