OpenShift Systems Engineer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values
The Container-as-a-Service (CaaS) platform team is looking for a Software Engineer to join our global SRE team in Raleigh, NC. Be part of a dynamic, international environment with the rare opportunity to influence the overall DevOps journey for the firm, one of the critical initiatives in IT. In this role, you will work on Red Hat OpenShift, the enterprise container platform and partner with many application development teams in the various business division of Credit Suisse globally.
- This role involves an impactful role as Software Engineer, working in a challenging and innovative transformation project with end-to-end responsibility.
- Design and operate automation software to provision, upgrade, monitor, and heal a large global fleet of OpenShift clusters
- Participate in release cycles of our offerings by deploying code, integrating with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) tools, and organizational change
- Participate in a follow-the-sun on-call rotation and help in incident management, root cause analysis, and continuous improvement activities, leading engineering efforts against a service-level agreement (SLA) and error budget. This will include a weekend working schedule
- Perform software updates, peer code reviews, testing, and Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) analysis; respond to security threats
- Serve as a goodwill ambassador to developer, operations, and partner communities
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Proven work experience in delivering and supporting production services and massive scale distributed systems
- Experience with platforms, reliability, and automation tools, processes, and culture
- Problem solving skills with a strong can-do attitude and known by your partners for your phenomenal sense of ownership and proactive attitude.
- A detailed approach to continually improve service scale and reliability
- Outstanding knowledge of Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and experience working directly with customers
- Hardworking and a results-oriented teammate with the ability to learn in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about building solutions and learning new technologies
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.