OpenShift Service Reliability Engineer
The Container-as-a-Service (CaaS) platform team is looking for a Software Engineer to join our global SRE team in Raleigh, NC. Be part of a multifaceted, international environment with the rare opportunity to influence the overall DevOps journey for the firm, one of the strategic initiatives in IT. In this role, you will work on Red Hat OpenShift, the enterprise container platform and partner with many application development teams in the various business division of Credit Suisse globally.
- This role involves an impactful role as Software Engineer, working in a challenging and innovative transformation project with end-to-end responsibility.
- Design and operate automation software to provision, upgrade, monitor, and heal a large global fleet of OpenShift clusters
- Participate in release cycles of our offerings by deploying code, integrating with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) tools, and change management
- Participate in a follow-the-sun on-call rotation and help in incident management, root cause analysis, and continuous improvement activities, leading engineering efforts against a service-level agreement (SLA) and error budget. This will include a weekend working schedule
- Perform software updates, peer code reviews, testing, and Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) analysis; respond to security threats
- Serve as a goodwill ambassador to developer, operations, and partner communities
Looking for an ambitious teammate who thrives in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, passionate about building solutions and learning new technologies!
- Problem-solver with a strong can-do attitude and known by your partners for your great sense of ownership and proactive attitude.
- Extensive experience in delivering and supporting production services and massive scale distributed systems
- Equivalent work Experience with platforms, reliability, and automation tools, processes, and culture
- A detailed approach to continually improve service scale and reliability
- Outstanding knowledge of Kubernetes or OpenShift!
- Solid interpersonal skills and equivalent experience working directly with and presenting to customers
- Capable of learning quickly