Margin Services Operations Specialist
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
OTC Collateral Management Team deals with counterparty risk in the OTC Derivatives, swaps, FX and Repo markets. They perform this risk mitigation function by evaluating the risk in the counterparty relationship and issuing and responding to margin calls, where collateral assets are pledged or received vs the firms underlying exposures.
The OTC Margin Team works in a fast paced environment dealing with many different elements of margining every day (Direct client interaction, Control, Payments, Reconciliations and Internal Collaboration).
Main duties of the role will include:
- Core collateral management tasks:
- Issuing margin calls to clients/Respond to client margin calls
- Booking agreed collateral into various systems
- Investigation and reconciliation of client portfolios aligning MTM's and mitigating the firm's risk is essential
- Agreeing and settling interest on cash collateral and payment processing.
- Relationship management: daily engagement with key external and internal partners, manage the daily margin process and balancing client expectations.
- Collaboration: work with other divisions and departments in implementing standards and processes to support effective management of counterparty exposure.
- This is a committed risk-focused unit which operates with an ethos of innovation, continual improvement and process development.
You can expect to gain a detailed understanding of Operations including an introduction to:
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Outstanding written and strong communication (Written and communication) skills!
- Dedicated, attention to detail and outstanding problem solving skills
- Do you possess multi-tasking / time management skills?
- Hardworking and ability to learn.
- Control & client service focused!
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.