- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 22 Mar 19
Mainframe Application Development/Support # 125062
The mainframe application support person will be responsible for delivery of the application and platform modifications in the Securities & Settlements domain within GOSD. You will be expected to:
- Be hands-on proficient in Mainframe Technologies with emphasis on MQ Messaging, CICS, DB database and all diagnostic tools.
- Understand and provide guidance on environment configurations for AD & QA teams.
- Ability to dive into existing application code base to identify technical issues and provide resolutions. (technical failures, performance issues and alternate solutions).
- Effectively communicate with project managers, business analysts and users, negotiate and lead technical meetings as well as influence outcomes.
- Liaise with the Mainframe infrastructure team to implement new technical updates, monitor and improvement performance, enhance stability, capacity planning.
- Liaise with non-mainframe application and infrastructure teams to support application integration between mainframe and non-mainframe applications (Linux, Windows) and databases (DB2, Oracle, Sybase).
- You will understand client's or project requirements at team and sub-department level and translate these requirements into technical designs. Be able to positively influence and drive the technical designs.
- Design and develop solutions for portfolio of applications in the respective domain area in the Securities Settlements space.
- You will address problems of higher complexity in a tightly coupled high transaction environment.
- Collaborate with globally diverse developers (CS, contractor and external vendors) offshore and outsourced development teams regardless of time zones.
- Required to work in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Work embedded with well-established vendor team and ensure that key Subject Matter Expertise is retained in CS.
- You will clearly communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical business partners across multiple regions.
- Participate in unit, performance, system, integration and acceptance testing, ensuring applications are able to meet stringent functional and non-functional requirements.
- You will help provide a stable and robust production environment across key settlement functions and related production incidents and work closely with the Production Support function within PTG.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with equivalent experience.
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of IT experience. Investment Banking Operations IT background ideal.
- Do you have a minimum of 1+ year of experience in mainframe technologies required - CICS, DB2, MQ, ISPF Dialogs, JCL & MVS. Sound knowledge of version control, code promotion process and debugging toolsets?
- Do you have experience in SQL and stored procedures? Experience with various distributed databases is a plus.
- You have Knowledge of Software Development, Knowledge of Testing cycles and break/fix solution remediation.
- Do you have 2 or more years of Financial Industry/banking experience?
For more information visit Technology Careers .