KYC Client Due Diligence Analyst
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Front Office Global Markets Client on-boarding and Lifecycle management team (COLM) exists to help protect Sales from regulatory risk. The KYCD group helps with the identification of financial crime related risks and adherence with requirements set out by the UK and US regulators in relation to new and existing clients.
The group works very closely with Global Client Onboarding (COB), which moves clients from "prospect" to "customer" in the shortest possible time. COLM provides guidance and advice to COB around KYC requirements and financial crime issues liaising with the second line of defense FCC teams.
Client Onboarding, and Client Lifecycle's (COLM) Client Due Diligence Services function serves as a business partner, working with clients, and internal partners, to facilitate all KYC Initial reviews pursuant to CS policies and prescribed requirements imposed by local and global regulators. Responsibilities:
- Verify the identity of prospective new clients across the Global Markets division
- Verification should be in accordance with local regulatory and Credit Suisse policies and procedures
- Ensure clients are correctly classified as prescribed by CS Policy and Regulatory expectations
- KYCD analysts verify that Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media / Negative News screening has taken place using appropriate systems
- Investigating high risk clients and reporting where necessary, including Politically Exposed Persons, and acquiring all necessary documentation to complete the client file
- Manage specific projects which may rise from time to time
- Provide training on KYC / AML to Colleagues and other departments as required
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external parties to acquire KYC documents
- Knowledge of UK /US regulatory environment and general AML and KYC principles
- Detailed understanding of regulations, policies and procedures
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proficient Excel and PowerPoint skills is a plus!
- Hardworking, result oriented with ability to learn in a fast paced environment
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.