Junior Financial Analyst
Product Controllers are back office function responsible for:
- Produce daily Profit and Loss reporting with follow on analysis and support.
- Conduct balance sheet validation and explaining mark to market movement in relation to market factors.
- Work with the businesses to evaluate & integrate new business into our financial environment in a controlled manner.
- Providing financial information to the business managers, external partners and other meaningful internal constituents.
Applicant would be responsible for the analysis and advisory aspects of Product Control's primary role which is the financial guardianship of the Bank's sales and trading activities, advising and independently meaningful key partners on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financial statements, including daily P&L and balance sheet movements.
This role supports the Equities division.
Products traded include: Equities, American Depository Receipts, Warrants, Futures, Swaps and Options.
- Conducting monthly and quarterly account ownership reconciliation, book management, legal entity and regulatory reporting and accounting policy implementation.
- Perform Profit & Loss Validation and Analysis (including clean P&L), Journal Entry and Review.
- Provide analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory).
- Engage & analyze alongside trading desk, trade support, technology, financial control and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily Profit & Loss reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing.
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Product Controllers should be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. Possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to engage in relationships with key clients to understand and address their issues.
Each of the following qualifications/ skills and experience are preferred, but not required:
- At least 1-3 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience.
- Outstanding knowledge with various PC skills including Excel (essential), PeopleSoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data.
- Communicating, and are able to articulate issues clearly and succinctly to senior management.
- Control background is advantageous.
- Flexibility, diligence, organized and is an excellent teammate!
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.