Junior Financial Analyst-Global Markets
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities.
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Ensuring detailed, accurate and timely Profit & Loss Statement, Balance Sheets and analysis.
- Independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios.
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner.
- The provision of reliable and relevant financial information to the business managers as well as external and internal business partners.
- Responsible for building input into the development and improvement of strategic systems and implementation and continuous improvement at a local level in terms of process and EUCs.
- Responsible for the analysis and advisory aspects of Product Control's primary role which is the financial guardianship of the Bank's sales and trading activities, advising and independently challenging key partners on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financial documents, including daily P&L and balance sheet movements.
- Manage supporting the Rates Products division.
- Products traded include fixed Income Instruments: Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps, Swaptions, and Listed IR products.
- The Product Controller will work dedicatedly with the trading desk, trade support, technology, financial control and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily P&L reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing.
- We maintain a working flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Product Controllers are highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high dedication to detail in various aspects of their work.
In addition, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business / accounting.
- Equivalent work experience of at least 1-2 years in the financial services, banking or accounting industry.
- Proficient with Excel (compulsory), Access and PeopleSoft Financials as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data!
- Strong analytical skills to enable them to build links with their key business partners and to understand and address their issues.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and social skills.
- High level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standard.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.