Credit Etrading has a phenomenal opportunity for a motivated senior developer for our front-office IT team. We are responsible for building/improving the Fixed Income Credit electronic trading platform.
The role will work on our algo trading system. Credit Algo is a dynamic client facing application. The team offers a chance We are looking to work with the existing system to meet Business work you're doing, but also help improve the application suite in a forward-thinking manner - thus ensuring the system remains robust and within the performance tolerances required.
- You should bring server-side experience. This is not a role for full time web developers. Some web dev experience is a bonus.
- You should have experience with the entire SDLC cycle. Proven use of Design Patterns is a plus.
- You bring the ability to get along with all functional roles on the team, contribute solutions and ideas to the problem space and have very good written and oral communication skills.
- You should also be a self-starter, highly motivated and a phenomenal teammate but capable of working independently.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
Required Skills: Core Java - Ability to write clean simple and efficient code
- Server side development, good multithreading knowledge, deep understanding of the JVM & garbage collectors.
- Proficient in Java 8 Lambdas
- Middleware messaging, preferably with experience on a JMS platform (e.g. EMS, ActiveMQ) and/or Java NIO.
- Experience developing large scale enterprise applications in a SOA architecture.
- Good OO design knowledge.
- Experience of TDD or able to demonstrate good knowledge of unit testing and continuous integration.
- Experience with databases, preferably Oracle and preferably using JDBC or Spring Framework (i.e. not via Hibernate).
- Experience of the full development life cycle.
- Experience working on Linux
- Electronic Trading, Fixed Income products, Basic bond math, CDS instruments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with clients and team members in other locations.
- FIX protocol experience a plus