We have an exciting opportunity for a Java Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will continue to build technical skills working on complex enterprise applications, while learning the business to further enhance the application and the career. What you'll work on:
What we look for:
- In this position you will be involved in all aspects of software development, including but not limited to:
- Developing new software products that help Ipreo's enterprise-wide strategic goals
- Estimating, designing, and developing code solutions for all application tiers
- Coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs on large-scale, complex projects
- Participating in production support including researching and fixing bugs
- 3+ years of Java application development experience
- Must have experience in Web application development
- Familiarity with client-side technologies like HTML5, JQuery, and AngularJS
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- Proven background in technology with experience in: Java EE Technologies: CDI, EJB, JSP/Servlets/Struts, JDBC, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, XML
- Extensive experience with a common application server (i.e., JBoss, IBM Websphere or BEA Weblogic)
- An understanding of Spring, Hibernate, and Struts
- Highly Desirable Skills:
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Extensive experience with any type of Unix
- Experience with Jenkins/Hudson
- BA or BS in Computer Science or similar degree
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.