Java Big Data Lead/Architect # 097265
RFIT data management is seeking a well-qualified individual for Java Lead - Big Data role to work with the architect. This individual will deal with complex, interrelated applications and systems being designed for today's big data platforms, and will work with rapidly evolving technologies and internal stakeholders to understand and define unique and innovative solutions for achieving strategic business goals.
Our ideal candidate will have in-depth understanding coupled with experience in leading a team to build horizontally scalable services using J2EE stack, as well as, experience in big data processors (Hadoop) and a solid programming background. Position will work with limited supervision and must be capable of juggling multiple priorities and able to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Will handle the local line management
- Train and mentor team members
- Lead all phases of development cycle with the ownership on end to end delivery and support while standing up in production
- Evangelize best practices in architecture, design & clean code
- Write server-side code for services layers using J2EE stack, Spring Framework and Big data platforms
- Create robust high-volume, scalable applications, & build prototypes quickly
- Conduct design reviews and ensure that the design/implementation is highly modular, portable and performance optimized
- Evaluates detailed business, functional, and non-functional technical requirements (including recovery, security, data volumes, performance and audit)
- Understand the business requirements and has the ability to convert them into detailed program logic
- Performs coding of complex modules and resolving complex defects, as needed
- Participate in Sprint planning and tasks assigned by application development managers
- Design, develop, test, and implement the application
- Investigate and resolve complex issues while supporting existing applications
- Check platform problem reports from business teams, and perform initial filtering and analysis of the problems
- Resolve business issues within a timely manner
- Performs root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problem and manages the resolution of complex problems
- Effectively respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers
- Communicate regularly with business and I.T leadership teams
- Collaborate with third party integration vendors and in house teams that build the custom components for the company
- Adhere to applications security procedures and change control guidelines
- Work within internal I.T. team to collaborate on tasks and completion of varying workloads
- Complete assigned tasks based on pre-planned project deadlines
- Troubleshoot issues and develop resolutions
- Reviews modules for quality assurance and checks compliance with applications architecture standards at system level
- 12+ years of experience with java, spring based enterprise scale applications.
- Expert with UML modeling tools.
- Prior hands on solution architecture experience in large projects. Ability to translate requirements into detail technical designs.
- Able to document and clearly explain low level technical solutions to technical teams.
- Must have 8+ Years of Experience in Java and related technologies.
- Experience with Scala a plus.
- Must have 3+ years of experience direct line management, managing a team of 6 resources
- Must have 5+ years performing architecture, design and delivery management functions.
- Must have 5+ Years of Hands-on experience with Spring framework (Spring Boot, Spring Batch) and pl/sql
- Experience in developing web services technologies (SOAP and RESTful)
- Must write code, develop initial api/framework for new projects, unit testing to deliver defect free codes
- Experience with one or more major Hadoop distributions and various ecosystem components (e.g. HDFS, Sqoop, Impala, Spark, Flume, Kafka, etc.) is a big plus
- BS in computer science, MS preferred. Degree from a top-ranked computer science schools a plus.