IT Business Analyst
Group Operations Solutions Delivery (GOSD) provides project delivery capability into Group Operations, through identification and definition of our target state and delivery towards that target by changing platforms and processes.
The FIS Derivatives Utility (FDU) was crafted to provide clearing and settlement services for Listed Derivatives and Cleared OTC products for our Prime business. FDU offers Credit Suisse industry leading technologies and solutions for middle-office and back-office processing. We are seeking a hardworking business analyst to assist the Relationship Manager in managing the contractual relationships between Credit Suisse and FDU in the delivery of change initiatives. This will involve the following:
- Manage and support the changes to the FDU project Book of Work (BoW)
- Handle joint FIS/CS project prioritization and other project action-log discussions
- Develop and track a quarterly book of work agreed with FDU
- Manage project Change control forum meetings for action-log, updates, changes on BoW and record minutes of the meeting
- Record New Demand from business requesters; This includes Statement of Work (SOW) documentation writing & approvals
- Maintain and update project pre-screening stages
- Support actual vs estimate invoice variance analysis
- Act as workstream Business Analyst for solution delivery to ensure successful delivery of Change the Bank (CtB) FDU resourced projects.
- Provide hands-on management and delivery oversight for vendor solution delivery activities.
- Ensure business requirements are clearly identified, prioritized and satisfied by appropriate technical and/or business process solutions.
- Manage SOW approvals based on FDU project estimates and project charters as agreed by Credit Suisse Business Stakeholders.
- Clearly articulate the progress being made towards delivery objectives. Where there are gaps or open issues, be able to provide the transparency to our partners on the obstacles preventing progress.
- Work with a global team. Partner with our revenue generating, operations and technology departments to produce creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Provide support to key partners with a commitment to deliver technology services that are functional, resilient and stable.
We are seeking a candidate to join our team and contribute towards delivering this transformation by being able to undertake the following activities:
The role provides an opportunity to build our thinking and solutions as we transform our clearing operational process. The ambition is to bring groundbreaking ideas and solutions to our collaborators for discussion and selection. You Offer
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience working in a challenging corporate environment with responsibility for defining and delivering projects into a large and complex organization.
- You are a dedicated and ambitious individual who can synthesize a proposal from multiple viewpoints.
- You show tenacity when faced with opposition or a lack of progress. You demonstrate a willingness to try new approaches and seeks ways to break a stalemate when faced with different opinions.
- You are an impactful communicator who can factually summarize main issues and clearly articulate them to peers as well as a senior audience.
- You are able to produce clear written communication with an ability to draw process flows and build impactful visual aids to get a point across.
- You can creatively drive consensus on project delivery.
- You will lead active participation and solve problems collaboratively across a diverse organization.
Professional and Technical Experience
- You have an ability to learn, take ownership, collaborate and develop a network of colleagues with the sole purpose of doing what is best for the bank.
- You have experience of working with project charters, statements of work, project estimates & vendor invoices
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience working in AGILE environments and with JIRA or similar tracking tools preferred
- You have prior business analyst or business engineering experience.