IB Senior Business Analyst
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards We Offer
This role is for a Business Analyst. The BA is expected to take full end-to-end responsibility for all projects in their remit. They may be engaged in multiple projects and multiple teams simultaneously as delivery progresses towards the target operating model.
This role will be engaged in projects that will ensure the IB's ongoing regulatory compliance and align to the future state client architecture.
- Perform business analysis to help define solution options and recommendations, including pros/cons and rationale for recommendation
- Work with global business partners in understanding and translating requirements to the underlying data
- Facilitate the documentation of requirements with the business analyst and conduct reviews with business partners and achieving signoff
- Review and sign off of user acceptance testing for business users
- Build key project documents such as end-to-end current/future business process flows, use cases, BRD, cost/benefit analysis
- Identify and document process changes and system improvements
- Ensure process improvement through redesign is at the forefront of all initiatives
- Evaluate measurable project benefits, i.e. increased revenue, efficiency and control
- Establish positive relationships with various functions and businesses throughout IB
- Facilitate working groups tasked with solving specific data challenges within the organization
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Equivalent experience at least 7 years business analysis and project management experience with a leading consulting firm within financial services or an International investment bank
- Track record in delivering major projects especially projects delivered in an investment bank or similar institution
- Experience of Agile and waterfall methodology
- Proven knowledge of investment banking processes - front to back
- Involvement with delivery of significant process and technology change
- Experience of dealing with senior management
- Experience in achieving results in a project context using resources that do not report directly to you (e.g. from clients, from other departments, external suppliers)
- Knowledge of IT: managing IT-focused projects, user's requirements / testing. Must have worked with technology groups and IT implementations
- Excellent core project management, presentation and strong communication skills!
- Demonstrated experience of successfully managing senior business partners at Working Groups and Steering Committees
- Excellent organizational and relationship building skills, at all levels
- General business analysis and analytical skills
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience working with Banking/Financial area and/or general knowledge of Investment Banking Operations processes
- Strong knowledge of investment banking business processes - front to back
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation, organizational and problem solving skills
- Self starter, self-guiding, and can demonstrate independent thinking
- Strong communication skills; comfortable dealing directly with senior internal clients
- Track record in delivering major adoption/migration projects in an investment bank or similar institution
- Experience in achieving results working in multi-disciplinary teams and collaborating in a matrix environment.
- Detailed understanding of IT user requirements development, and testing
- Experience acting as intermediary between business line and IT to ensure efficient delivery against requirements
- Proven experience developing and writing business/functional requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proficiency for detailed documentation
- Proficient in analyzing client reference data!
- Ability to make recommendations to ensure data quality and appropriate controls
- Experience with the standard SDLC lifecycle as well as Agile Methodology
- Deeply strong organizational skills
- Positive relationship and interpersonal skills
- Do you have knowledge of Client or Product Reference Data front to back?
- Knowledge of the banking regulatory environment.
- Knowledgeable of Trade lifecycle (Order, Execution, Allocation)
- Knowledgeable of securities types and their settlement processes
- Knowledgeable of operations
- Regulations such as EMIR, FINFRAG, SFTR, Dodd-Frank, FATCA/AEI, FINRA 2111 and 15a6
- Experience with ATLAS Jira and Confluence
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.