Group Operations Analyst - Operations Control & Risk (OC&R) # 108489
In order to comply with the growing regulatory requirements from various governing bodies, all financial services need to have controls and checks in place. Group Operations Control & Risk (OC&R) play a pivotal part in this regulatory framework; we are responsible for advising, supporting and challenging Operations Senior Management who are responsible for the financial, reputational and regulatory risks of Group Operations.
This position offers the opportunity to be part of the Americas Control Services Team within OC&R. Control Services' Mission is to provide value-added services and continuous improvements through effective delivery and monitoring of key controls and risk projects to help support risk mitigation across Group Operations. As part of the role, the analyst will liaise with other CS groups such as Compliance, Group Finance, Product Control, Internal Audit and many other groups.
The Analyst will serve as a Group Operations Representative for key risk projects by establishing requirements, providing innovative and control-minded ideas, actioning accordingly in partnership with all key stakeholders, communicating status updates to senior management, and implementing an efficient and strategic solution.
You will create transparency and help our partners to understand and manage risks. You will be part of a team that acts as a single point of contact to co-ordinate and facilitate compliance with internal control-related policies.
- Strategically design, develop, and implement various initiatives to create a monitoring compliance framework to the Funds/Asset Transfer Policy governing the Investment Banking Division.
- You will perform an annual validation of the Funds/Asset Transfer Policy involving setting up a Steering Committee, working with senior management to obtain feedback on the Policy and driving solutions to feedbacks that are pragmatic.
- Perform the SEC 17a-13 Quarterly Security Count to ensure regulatory compliance including reporting findings to Senior Management and Regulators.
- Perform inbound payment SWIFT triaging to ensure compliance with FATF Special Recommendation VII.
- Centralized contact point for Credit Risk Management regarding data collation for counterparties with credit concerns.
- You will foster relationships with Operations Risk Division, Senior Management, etc. by representing Group Operations on Senior Working Group to provide list of systemic issues, conduct testing, and escalate issues.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have a degree in Finance, Business, or other field with strong interest in working in the Financial Industry.
- Do you have solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex operational risk issues in a structured, targeted, concise, and impactful manner?
- You have creative, control, strategic, and inquisitive mindset to question status quo, research and analyze problems, and provide solutions / ideas to resolve.
- Delivery focused and resourceful with a proven ability to successfully identify resources and complete tasks at a high standard.
- You are dedicated / self-starter who always maintains a positive attitude in accepting challenges and excelling in all aspects.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively across broad audiences including Senior Management, create strong working relationships and navigate across the organization.
- You have basic PowerPoint & Excel required as baseline skills (advanced skills preferred).