- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 16 Oct 18
Global Cash Products Analyst # 109315
The Americas Global Cash Products role focuses on confirmation, settlement and reconciliation of cash transactions with internal and external clients for Foreign Exchange (FX), Money Markets, Over the Counter (OTC), and Primeswap products. Along with the EMEA and APAC regions, we provide operational support across various Credit Suisse (CS) entities within the Investment Banking divisions, working across the front-to-back processing areas to resolve discrepancies and enquiry requests.
Our staff is composed of highly motivated individuals, who communicate effectively, solve problems efficiently, and seek to improve our processes. Analysts within this role develop specialized product and industry knowledge while engaging in day-to-day responsibilities and ad hoc projects.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a control outline across the department.
- Conduct and drive audit testing including beginning of year readiness and throughout the year testing
- Responsible for proactive identification of risk and control weaknesses; Regional roll out of Supervisory Effectiveness & Challenge Reviews; Process Control Inventories and targeted deep dives.
- Assist in regional and global projects with IT and others relating to Cash Product Settlements.
- Provide daily oversight for our offshore vendor
- Understanding front-to-back data flows and system architecture
- Creation of Monthly Control Packs
- Monitoring trigger sheet for key performance indicators
- Headcount, My Cost/Overtime Analysis
- Monitoring of Risk inventory and incidents reporting.
- Assist in the New Business Product development implementation and roll out
- Monitoring of all dispensations and attestations under Regional head.
- Develop training materials suited to stakeholder needs and aligned with compliance
- Work on ad-hoc projects to improve efficiency and control across the team
- Responsible in ensuring all Business Continuity Plans are up to date and circulated, and perform regular transference tests (sending and receiving)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- 4 Year Bachelor's Degree, Business Major preferred
- Advance Excel skills required
- Ability to communicate with internal and external clients in a professional, courteous, and client-focused manner.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Proactive and highly motivated.
- Ability to handle confidential information and matters with discretion.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work efficiently and effectively in a team.
- Possess organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work while working under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, working to deadlines accommodating varying levels of volume without deterioration in task quality.
- MS Access skills a plus.
- IB Operations experience a plus