Financial Manager - Securitized Products, Vice President # 108829
What We Do:
Product Control performs a number of key controls through daily and monthly responsibilities. We fulfill this role through:
- Ensuring the complete, accurate and timely reporting and analysis of the Revenue and Balance Sheet.
- Working across business lines to evaluate & integrate new products and strategies in a controlled manner, ensuring appropriate reporting, accounting and disclosures.
- Providing reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external & internal partners including regulators.
We work working closely with the business, operations, group finance, and other partners to ensure a controlled data flow and understanding of the financial statements. Product Controllers are often looked to for understanding and articulating revenue drivers and balance sheet movements for the business. A strong understanding of Fixed Income Products, Mortgage Backed Securities and Derivatives as well as nuances of the infrastructure will be to your advantage. You should be able to lead with confidence and work efficiently and collaboratively through tight reporting windows without compromising control.
What You'd Do:
Specifically, this role covers Securitized Products, a division within Global Markets Credit and is aligned to the Securitized Products Trading businesses. This is a management role. Your responsibilities will include the effective oversight of a dedicated team of 7 members as well as being accountable for daily and monthly PnL processes. This includes revenue reporting, reconciliations to the general ledger, account ownership signoff, GBM book management, and serving as an escalation point for staff when issues arise. This is a high profile position with interactions across Government Agency and Private Label trading businesses, COO, Product Control Management, and other important service areas. Securitized Products is a significant contributor to results of the firm and the revenue generated by SP Trading business passes through this team daily.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Representing the Team on projects and system enhancements.
- Ensuring the compliance with SOX controls and Accounting Standards.
- Point of contact for internal and external audit.
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, Regulatory and Accounting Policy).
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
What you offer:
Product Controllers should be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They should also possess highly developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to develop relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills & experience:
- 10+ years of financial service, banking or accounting experience.
- A control oriented mindset with focus on process reengineering and efficiency.
- Demonstrated experience building, motivating, and leading teams.
- Comprehensive understanding of US GAAP Accounting disclosures is a plus.
- Exposure to mortgage related products such as ABS, RMBS, CMBS is a plus.
- Strong PC skills including Excel, PeopleSoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data.
- Team player, dedicated, self-starter, who can be dynamic and see ideas through from start to finish.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.