- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 16 Oct 18
Financial Auditor, ENO # 115607
At Credit Suisse, we're proud that Internal Audit is seen a key strategic partner to the business. Our risk-based methodology is reflected in truly dynamic audit plans that ensure that the function stays completely relevant and that we have the ability to flex to meet the evolving strategy of this key growth business. Our Auditors have the opportunity to build and maintain direct and lasting relationships with the Bank's leadership and are actively sought out for the meaningful advice and insights. Reflecting the Bank's entrepreneurial spirit, our Internal Audit function is also innovating; we're investing in new technologies, data analytics, and the latest training techniques, to ensure that both people and platforms are best in class.
Financial Auditors are responsible for planning, performing and reporting the results of product-line and functional audits using the Audit Department's risk based audit approach. Work is performed under the direction of Financial Audit Managers, with close collaboration with other audit team members, including IT audit, as part of an integrated audit approach.
The role involves:
- Executing audit work across various businesses and functions front to back. This encompasses an in-depth understanding of each business and/or function being audited, identification and assessment of risks, execution of a planned audit approach (regional, global, thematic, and functional) in a team-based environment, interacting closely with various levels of staff and management throughout the Bank.
- Developing, presenting and finalizing audit reports. This process entails initial drafting of the report, discussion with management to ensure factual accuracy, clearance, and coordination to obtain written responses to Audit's recommendations.
- Enthusiastic engagement in the creation of a dynamic risk assessment tool which uses data to provide a current (and predicted) view of control effectiveness across the organization.
- Using the Internal Audit team's hybrid practice model structure which nurtures skillset specialization without silos.
- Improving audit skillset using Credit Suisse's Audit Academy training, which allows for knowledge to be deployed efficiently across the audit universe.
- Mentoring new hires to aid in their acclimation to the Bank and the manner in which the Department operates.
- Supervising and/or supporting less experienced Auditors on multiple auditor assignments.
- Crafting and maintaining relationships with Bank Staff and Management to facilitate dedicated assessments of the Bank's risk profile through Continuous Risk Monitoring and career development.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Accounting, Business Administration or related areas (MBA or equivalent a plus).
- 2-3 years of audit experience; financial services experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or internationally recognized Chartered Accountant (CA) designations (U.S. specific certification accompanying U.S. specific work experience) preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational and time management skills in order to meet audit deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Analytical skills and professional skepticism.
- Willingness to travel (10-15% annually).
- Fluency in Spanish at a professional level would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with the following areas of expertise would be desirable: regulatory reporting, corporate tax, client tax, and risk management.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and results oriented professional.