- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Sep 18
Financial Associate - Equity Derivatives # 114642
Product Controllers should be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. You should also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to engage in relationships with key clients to understand and address their issues.
Product Controllers are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. We fulfill this role by:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheets and analysis
- Independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner
- Provision of reliable and significant financial information to the business managers, external partners and other relevant internal constituents
You would be responsible for the analysis and advisory aspects of Product Control's primary role which is the financial guardianship of the Bank's sales and trading activities, advising and independently challenging key partners on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financial documents, including daily profit & loss and balance sheet movements. You would also be responsible for the development and improvement of strategic systems and their implementation; as well as continuous improvement at a local level in terms of process and EUCs.
This role supports the Equity Derivative desk. The Product Controller will work closely with other product control groups, trade support, Front Office, technology, financial control and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily P&L reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing.
Products traded include: Equities, Exchange Traded Funds & Notes, Listed & OTC Equity Options, Equity Index Futures, Variance Swaps and Interest Rate Swaps.
- P&L Validation and Analysis (including clean P&L), Journal Entry and Review
- Commentary (PnL, clean PnL, price testing, inventory analysis)
- Monthly and quarterly account ownership reconciliation, book management, legal entity and regulatory reporting and accounting policy implementation
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory).
- Assisting in Sarbanes Oxley testing and documentation
- Daily interaction and primary support for front office requests
- Providing UAT support for various strategic system roll outs, as well as support for new business initiatives
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- 5+ years of financial service, banking or accounting experience.
- Managerial experience to manage mid-skilled staff with 2+ years of experience
- Proficient with various PC skills including Excel (essential), Peoplesoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data
- Knowledge of financial data reporting, Equity Derivatives quantitative and qualitative models, understanding economics of VIX-Index based instruments, knowledge of Risk Based P&L
- Excel at communicating, and are able to articulate issues clearly and succinctly to senior management
- Team player, dedicated, self-starter, who can be dynamic and see ideas through from start to finish