Financial Analyst in Securitized Products # 108162
Specifically you will be part of the Global Securitized Products Finance Team that covers one of the largest, most accomplished credit franchises in the industry. This role offers an opportunity to develop expertise in cost management and to play a meaningful role in the execution of key strategic initiatives and projects for the Securitized Products business, reporting to the SP CFO (LoB) within CFO. The role is highly visible, with opportunities to work with senior business partners at a business COO /CFO level and will encompass a mix of analysis, project management, reporting and strategy.
You will be the main hub of SP MI production that will drive analysis and strategy formulation.
Assisting Strategic Design:
Partner with and assist the SP Management team in the formulation of the SP cost reduction roadmap to include:
- Build and maintain a comprehensive cost management plan for the business (linked to identifiable cost drivers e.g. SHS allocations, IT and specific business footprint). The plan will include short, medium and longer term efficiency plans as well as articulate levers to pull now and in future on more complex initiatives
- Build strategic vendor partnerships (non-core functions) - identify alignments with commercial partners developing close collaboration with sourcing and vendor management
- Build and maintain comprehensive management information materials on the cost base and provide regular updates to the SP ExCo, and individual business supervisors
- Forecast and develop a deep understanding of the regulatory changes that will affect the GM Businesses cost base
Partner with and assist the SP Management team in the tactical implementation to include:
- You will analyse Corporate Function allocations - execute plan to rebalance allocations from Corporate Function areas including, IT, Operations and CFO
- You will work with key internal business partner groups, existing suppliers, and future potential vendors who will be able to partner with the SP business to unlock cost saving opportunities
- You will develop close contact with IB regulatory service management to ensure cost upsurges are understood and where possible develop plan to mitigate
- You will assist with the SP Headcount plan - work with the SP COO team on the geographical footprint of all COO/CFO resources with specific focus on the impact to the cost base
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Product Controllers should be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They should also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to develop relationships with their key clients to understand and address their issues.
Each of the following qualifications/ skills and experience are preferred, but not required:
- Recent graduate or up to three years' experience in financial services, preferably within a major Investment Bank or financial institution
- You have strong numerical / accountancy literacy, background possibly from an engineering or complex process background, a previous exposure to cost reduction management is preferable
- You are able to work in fast pace environment (specifically in turning around deliverables)
- You are a driven, tenacious attitude that is a goal orientated, focused individual
- You have the ability to partner with diverse teams across multiple locations and understand regional complexities
- You have an advanced PowerPoint/Excel skills, very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to people/ priority handle multiple matters and challenges at a time while working in a close knit team