- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Dec 18
Financial Analyst - Treasury Product Controller # 119009
Product Controllers are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities.
We fulfill this role by:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis
- The independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner
- The provision of reliable and significant financial information to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents
This Product Controller role is supporting the Treasury Market Execution books. The desk trades numerous products and allocates funding for the firm. Products include: US Government Debt, OTC Derivatives, Repos, FX and other funding products. Treasury Product Control is responsible for formulating and executing liquidity, funding, and capital plans.
The Product Controller will work closely with trade support, technology, financial control and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Profit & Loss Validation and Analysis (including clean P&L), Journal Entry and Review
- Handle key risks such as interest rate and foreign exchange risks
- Monthly and quarterly account ownership reconciliation, book management, legal entity and regulatory reporting and account policy implementation
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g. Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory)
- Assisting in executing funding policy and procedures
- Providing UAT support for various strategic system roll outs, as well as support for new business initiatives
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Product Controllers are highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to build relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You have Excel skills
- General Ledger experience.
- Balance sheet and P&L reconciliation and analysis.
- You will be a self-starter, who also works well within a team and is able to be dynamic and implement process changes.
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have, ideally 2-4 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience