Financial Analyst - Interest Rate Product Controller # 108678
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities.
We fulfill this role through:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis;
- The independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios;
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner;
- The provision of reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents.
Individuals are responsible for the analysis and advisory aspects of Product Control's primary role which is the financial guardianship of the Bank's sales and trading activities, advising and independently challenging key business partners on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financial statements, including daily P&L and balance sheet movements. They are also responsible for any aspects of inventory valuation and control not covered by dedicated Line Valuation Product Controllers and also for providing input into the development and improvement of strategic systems and implementation and continuous improvement at a local level in terms of process and EUCs.
This role supports the Rates Products division. Products traded include: Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps, Swaptions, Listed IR products and Loans. The Product Controller will work closely with the trading desk, trade support, technology, financial control and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily P&L reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing.
Duties & Responsibilities
Member of the Rates Valuation Control team in Raleigh, providing a combination of technical expertise and market knowledge. The valuation team is responsible for the independent valuation of the Rates business, focusing on Exotic products. In addition the team is responsible for the governance and control of the product valuation and model review process.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience
- You are highly numerate with excellent knowledge of fixed income products gained at a top tier investment bank or university course.
- You have good knowledge of risk and thereby the key drivers for valuation and P&L. Good knowledge of the best market practices.
- You have an excellent communication skills, able to articulate complex issues clearly and succinctly to senior management.
- Do you have a good organizational skills and ability to work independently?