- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Mar 19
Financial Analyst - Capital Markets # 127845
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. We fulfill this role through: Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis. The independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios. Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. The provision of reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external partners and other relevant internal constituents.
Individuals within Product Control (PC) job family are responsible for executing the Daily, Monthly and Quarterly Control aspects of the business in their primary role as financial guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. They are responsible for ensuring complete, accurate and timely P+L and Balance Sheets.
This is a Capital Markets role that supports the Equities and Global Credit Products divisions. The Product controller will validate and report profit and loss for IPOs and Debt issuances in which Credit Suisse is a member of the underwriting syndicate. Products traded include; Corporate Bonds, US Treasuries, futures, Cash Equities, and Convertibles. The Product Controller will work closely with the trading desk, trade support, syndicate accounting, technology, financial control and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily P&L reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Monthly and quarterly account ownership reconciliation, book management, legal entity and regulatory reporting and accounting policy implementation
- P&L Validation and Analysis (including clean P&L), Journal Entry and Review
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Product Controllers should be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They should also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to build relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills and experience:
- You have 1 - 5 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience
- You have PC skills including Excel, Access, Peoplesoft Financials, and Essbase as well as comfort with manipulation and presentation of financial data
- You are a great teammate, dedicated, self-starter, who can be dynamic and implement process changes