Financial Accounting Associate
46554 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
The firm is looking for a skilled professional to join us as an Associate. We work with private, lower middle market clients, with revenues ranging from $0 to $100 million. Our diverse industry base includes technology, life science, manufacturing, not-for-profit and service organizations. This position will need to work to tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end client tax and audit projects, and the support of budget and forecast activities. The FAO Associate Accountant will have contact with clients and client contacts, including the client's tax accountant and other professional service providers.
We operate in a team based environment and have a proven track record of delivering exceptional value to our customers. The key attributes that will make someone successful in this role include:
- Assertive, collaborative, team player
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Solid Excel skills (create tables, use formulas, pivot tables)
- Professional presentation and communication skills
- This is a hands-on position that requires transaction processing and account reconciliation skills. Duties include:
- Processes and records accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed asset, payroll, and / or inventory transactions, as applicable, in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepares and records journal entries, accruals, and other adjustments required to close the month in an accurate and timely manner
- Understands reserves, valuation allowances, and estimates. Prepares analyses and supporting calculations of related adjustments
- Understands the purpose of reconciliations. Prepares bank reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations
- Understands the structure of a general ledger chart of accounts
- Update client records and make suggestions for process improvements
- A minimum of a Bachelor's in accounting or finance is required (understands comprehension of authoritative standards and guidance and applicability to accounting, consulting, compilation and financial statement preparation services)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must (proactively communicates status, issues, conflicts, and priorities up, down and across the engagement team)
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously plus excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills along with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to change effectively
- Experience with automated accounting systems (i.e. Intacct, Bill.com, Tallie)
- Pursuing CPA or a CPA is desirable
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req14310 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Consulting Services Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
TC FAO Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req14310 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Raleigh, NC US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
Southeast Region Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Business Consulting/Technology Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
No ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing